Recent Post

thumbnail

Off to the Loire Valley {with a fitting Normandy inspiration shoot!}

Hi lovelies! I'll be heading out soon on a girls' road trip through the Loire Valley in France ... lots of fairytale castles + châteaus ahead for us! We'll also be visiting Mont Saint Michel, Versailles {Eeeeee!!! Just finished watching Sofia Coppola's Marie Antoinette in anticipation!} and finishing with the Saint Ouen flea market in Paris! I can't wait ... and, of course, I'll be sharing lots of details with you on my return! I have a feeling the Loire Valley would be an incredible honeymoon escape so I'll make sure to take notes so I can share any good tips with you! ;o)

As serendipity would have it, French photographer Béatrice de Guigné just recently sent me a lovely inspirational shoot she did in Normandy. I thought it would be a great send-off for us so I hope you enjoy and we'll chat soon! xox.


Here's a little backstory on the shoot from Béatrice:
This photoshoot was done in two parts. I was first inspired by Kanye West's music video "Runaway," especially the dinner scene where the girl wore a fantastic headpiece. So a Parisian jewelry designer called Joe Weller created a headpiece [for the shoot].
Then for the second part, I wanted something sweeter, a "picnic under the tree." The designer of the dress I used inspired me. Her dresses are light and simple. So I wanted something in this way. I created myself some feather balls and "love cards" to hang in the tree and bought a vintage wicker basket and some jars with pink candy and flowers.
 
Beautiful! Thanks for sharing, Béatrice! You can check out more of her lovely work right here.

Photographs by Béatrice de Guigné

Subscribe by Email

Follow Updates Articles from This Blog via Email

No Comments

About