Recent Post

thumbnail

CB Loves Couture Bridal Portraits by Debi Griffin, of Illustrative Moments

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season {proposals??} and are having a marvelous start to 2014! I feel like it's going to be such a good year!

Speaking of the holidays, if you follow me on my Instagram, @classic_bride, you already caught a glimpse of my Mom's Christmas gift this year. It was so hard to keep a secret {I'm the worst at keeping secrets, are you?} but it was worth it in the end to see my Mom's face light up with surprise as she opened her present - I had a fashion portrait made of my Mom's gorgeously mod 1960s wedding dress:

You might recognize the dress from the mod wedding shoot I modeled + styled with my husband in Paris last year. If you missed that fun, you can catch up here. And omg, I'm still crazy over the moon about that little Parisian shoot being featured in Matchbook magazinepinchme!

Here's a little glimpse of our Parisian shoot {and me in my Mom's super sweet dress}:

{Image by Juliane Berry}
And here's a look at my Mom in the dress on her wedding day {I so wish my Dad had kept that killer sharkskin suit! Isn't it so rad?!}:


Now that you're refreshed on the dress, let's talk about the artist behind the gorgeous sketch. If you'll recall, I had a portrait of my own wedding dress commissioned by the ever-so-talented Debi Griffin, of Illustrative Moments. And when I had the idea this year to have my mom's wedding dress sketched, there was only one artist I could dream of trusting with the job - you guessed it, Debi! And, as you can see, the outcome is nothing less than perfect. Debi is a New York based fashion designer, fashion illustrator, and artist. She has worked at Vera Wang, freelanced with Nanette Lepore, and spent over 10 years at Amsale. And I love that she now shares her experience and exquisite talent with brides like us! She is such a dream to work with and keeps you updated with the progress as she goes along. I'm so glad I had the chance to work with her again and I truly recommend her to you. She has also done some neat sketches that include the bridesmaids with the bride as well as some ultra-chic non-wedding sketches. You can browse her full portfolio to see what I'm talking about. :) 

If you're interested in ordering a sketch, just visit Debi's site and follow the simple instructions. Valentine's Day is right around the corner - what a sweet gift for your mom or a friend ... or you could just leave this page open and hope your sweetie sees it! ;) And best of all, Debi is so excited to work with Classic Bride readers, she's offering you all 10% off your own custom bridal illustration when you use the code CLASSIC upon ordering. Three cheers to that!

ps. Tune in Monday because I'm dropping another surprise bomb about this gorgeous dress! ;)

Feeling social? Network with Debi here:
Website | Instagram | Facebook

ps. Check out my IG today to see how I recently framed the sketch Debi made of my wedding dress!

Subscribe by Email

Follow Updates Articles from This Blog via Email

No Comments

About