Recent Post

thumbnail

Fashion: Black Floral Dress, Booties, & Rose Lipsense

Happy middle of the week! I always love Wednesday's, what about you? Last night was Lincoln's first puppy training class and it was SO hilarious to see all the dogs trying the new exercises. Lincoln could barely focus because class was outside and he loves grass like something fierce...ha! Hopefully in 6 weeks we'll have a perfectly trained puppy on our hands ;)

Anyways, I'm super excited to show you a product that's semi-new to me. I've been using Lipsense for a few months now and decided not to show it off in a full post until I knew I really loved it. I don't like to show you things I don't actually use regularly or would buy again, so when I do share things, you can trust I really like it. Have you heard of Lipsense?! If you haven't, it's a lip color that stays on for 4-18 hours. Yes, it lasts up to 18 hours!! 

Alright, here's the scoop. There are 3 steps in applying Lipsense. You'll need the Oops Remover, the actual color and the gloss that seals the color and provides moisturizer. Before you read on, just know these pictures are funny and it's okay to laugh at me. My husband was dying while we were taking them. When applying Lipsense, you can't let your two lips touch one another, or the color will peel off before applying the gloss. So that's why I'm keeping my lips so far apart from each other ;)

1. I always start by cleaning my lips with the remover to be sure there isn't anything left on them. You need clean, dry lips to apply. 

2. Shake the bottle of color really well!


I just ordered Aussie Rose last week, so I was super excited to try it out yesterday! I have tried this color on before, because I bought it for my sister in law. It's the perfect shade of pink/red. It's really is a nice rose color!

3. After you shake the bottle, be sure to wipe the wand on the side of the bottle to get the excess off. You don't put this on like a normal lipgloss. You need to apply in thin, even coats of color. 

4. You will apply 3 layers of color, putting each on in THIN coats. I try to swipe from left to right, not going over the color once it's applied. Until it's dry, you don't want to go back over with more color because it will ball up and come off. After coat one, let it dry for 30 seconds. Do coat two. Let it dry again for 30 seconds. Coat three (make sure you get the corners of the lips and your waterline!) then let it dry again. If your lips tingle a little, don't worry. It just means your lips are dry. After you start wearing Lipsense more, this will mostly stop!

4. The final step is applying the gloss. You can't wear lipsense without the gloss, because it's what seals it. If you want a matte look, you can apply the gloss, then let it wear off or blot it off. But you do need the gloss initially. It also provides great moisture, since when you first put the color on, you might feel like your lips are really dry. Don't be alarmed at that! Just apply the gloss and you'll be good.

I love the color so much! It's not too red and not too pink. It's sort of a nice coral rose color. And just so you know, it DOES in fact, last a really long time. I've never worn it for 18 hours, because I don't want to sleep in it. But I wear Lipsense anytime I'm teaching a workshop and it lasts all day, which is about 10-12 hours. It's so nice to not have to think about reapplying lipstick! Don't get me wrong, I still use other products on days where it doesn't matter (I still love my MAC lipsticks ;)) but also love Lipsense. Aussie Rose is my third color. I also have Bombshell (super light champagne color, apparently Jennifer Aniston wears this one all the time!) and Rose Ice (this one is not my favorite-- it's too frosty for me, but I like mixing it with other colors).

In keeping things transparent around here, my friend Marci sent me my first color to try out for free and I liked the product so much that I've since bought my next two colors. So I really do like the quality and the colors are so fun! I'd love to know if you have tried / liked Lipsense!

I didn't buy a ton of stuff at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale (because hey, we're newlyweds on a budget!) so I tried to find a few staple pieces. I got a pair of jeans and two pairs of booties-- one for fall, which I'm wearing below, and a pair of waterproof booties for our snowy winter. The last thing I got was this fun black floral dress, because I thought it was great for fall and I could wear it in winter with tights or leggings and a pair of tall boots. It's also under $30, so it didn't break the bank! I used my "fall wardrobe" budget early since the sale is in summer, so I won't be buying much come fall time. Maybe a sweater or two, but that's it! I'm trying to keep things simple and planning on donating a bunch of clothes I don't wear anymore. Less is more.

Here's my new, cheap dress :)



My husband cracking jokes while he takes my pictures ;)

 It's a really light weight material. I loved the billowy sleeves because they are airy, but not too large or bulky. At first I thought it'd be a little see-through, but I'm happy to report it's not at all. I even tested it in the sun!


Speaking of staple items, these earrings are one of those for me. I recently got them and I just love the shape, the size (not too big or heavy) and the gold color. They're under $50. Kendra Scott jewelry will always have my heart.



Cute zipper detail on the back of the booties...


These are my fall booties. I haven't bought new booties for two years, so I thought I could this year! I highly suggest sizing down 1/2 size!! I'm usually an 8 and so that's what I ordered, and as soon as they arrived, I quickly discovered I needed a 7.5. These are the 7.5 and they fit great. I would probably be able to wear a no-show little sock with them, too. If you're thinking of ordering them, I'd buy both sizes to try out, along with the little socks, and see what you think. Nordstrom has free returns, so it's no problem to send them back!

Another favorite detail of the dress is the top lace up. I don't like to wear too revealing of clothes, so I assure you this isn't a very deep v. It's just right for a little extra something.


Dress / Vince Camuto Booties (order 1/2 down) / Kendra Scott Earrings / Lipsense: Lips by Marci- join her Facebook page and then you can message her to get your discount!
In case you wanted to pick up a few fall staples, here are just a couple favorites that are still in stock (hopefully...they go out so quickly!)

And now the exciting part of the post! I'm giving away a lipsense starter kit, which includes the remover, gloss and a color of your choice on Instagram today! I'll be posting it around 12pm EST, so head over there to enter. ALSO! If you order lipsense from my friend Marci, mention me and you'll get 10% off + free shipping. 
My posts are so long this week...I'm not sure if that's good or bad ;) Have a great day! Thanks for reading!

xoxo
Michaela

Subscribe by Email

Follow Updates Articles from This Blog via Email

No Comments

About